The ST106 is a modern turbine meter pre-amplifier that is electrically compatible with the older Spectra-Tek F106 and IS106. Designed to convert the low voltage sinusoidal signal from a flow meter picking coil into a square wave, it can then transmit to a flow computer up to 1km.
We also provide an ATEX certified, flameproof enclosure to house either ST106 or F106 pre-amps. These will replace the obsolete H27 enclosures.
The more modern pre-amp design also supports these output options:
- 2-wire connect pulse
- 3-wire voltage pulse
- Open collector output
- 2-wire differential output
Additionally, when used with 869M, S500, S600 or S600+ flow computers, the pre-amp can detect and provide alarms. It can detect circuit breaks between the pre-amp and coil, or the flow computer.
Key features of the ST106 include fidelity and pulse security. The standards IP252/76, ISO6551 and API CHS all describe five methods of pulse security designated A to E:
- Level A: Dual pulses, continuously compared for frequency and phase and automatic connections
- Level B: Dual pulses continuously compared for frequency and phase. The A pulse is used for totalisation and the B pulse for comparison
- Level C: Dual pulse. Numerical comparison of pulse trains automatically at specified intervals. The A pulse train is used for totalisation and the B pulse train for comparison
- Level D: Single Pulse. Manual comparison at specified intervals between totalisation and secondary readout
- Level E: Single pulse relies on correctly installed equipment only
Contact us for more information about the ST106.
ST106 Turbine Pre Amplifier
See also: F106 preamp